If you are having problems with dogs (and other animals) coming into your yard uninvited, then keep reading my choice for the best dog repellent for lawns. This repellent is a great way on how to keep a dog from pooping in your yard!! Just to make sure you know this before reading, I am a dog owner and I love dogs. None of the repellents in this article are used to harm or even kill a dog. That is not my intention. My intention is to keep stray or unwanted dogs or other animals out of my yard. If you can’t afford or don’t want a fence in your yard, this repellent is the way to go.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons To Keep Dogs (and Other Animals) Out of Your Yard
- 2 Best Dog Repellent for Lawns-What To Look For
- 3 Best Dog Repellent for Lawns/How To Keep a Dog From Pooping in Your Yard-Our Top Pick!!
- 4 Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion-Activated Sprinkler
- 5 Best Dog Repellent for Lawns-Other Options
- 6 Best Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
- 7 Fencing
- 8 Best Dog Repellent Spray
- 9 Best Dog Repellent Granules
- 10 Homemade Dog Repellents
Reasons To Keep Dogs (and Other Animals) Out of Your Yard
Like I said above, I love dogs and I even own one. But I clean up after my dog. Unfortunately, some people will walk their dog, let them poop on other people’s yard and not clean it up. Or they will let their pet run free and their pet will poop in your yard. Nothing worse than cleaning up someone else’s dog poop!!! Here are the main reasons to keep dogs and other animals out of your yard:
- Uninvited dogs and other animals/pets urinating in your yard
- Animals digging up your yard
- Animals eating your plants
- Other animals messing with your pet
- Potential injury from holes in your yard
- Keeps animals from nesting in your yard
Best Dog Repellent for Lawns-What To Look For
Before you go out and spend your hard earned money on dog repellents, here are some things that you need to look for.
- Price-make sure you are not spending an arm and a leg on your dog repellent
- Effectiveness-read reviews and make sure that the dog repellent you are getting is effective.
- Safety-like I said above, none of the repellents in this article will intentionally harm an animal
- Ease of use-a good dog repellent should also be easy for anyone to use.
Best Dog Repellent for Lawns/How To Keep a Dog From Pooping in Your Yard-Our Top Pick!!
If have basically tried them all. Dog repellent sprays. Dog repellent granules. Home Remedies. Even electric devices. They will work for some of the dogs, and not work for others. It is very frustrating when you think you found a good dog repellent and all of a sudden you see a dog or other animal in your yard!! Of all the dog repellents that I have tried, here is my top pick!!!!
The Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler is my top pick for the best dog repellent for lawns/how to keep a dog from pooping in your yard. This one works the best out of all of the repellents that I have tried. Here are some of the great reasons/features why the Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler is my top pick:
- Very humane repellent-it just uses water to repel dogs and other animals
- Only sprinkler repellent that has day, night or 24 hour option setting
- With sprays and granules, you need to keep purchasing after rain. The Orbit Yard Enforcer, you only need to purchase once!
- Sprays up to 70 feet in diameter
- It senses the difference between trees and animals
- Works on other animals and people too!!
- Doubles as a yard sprinkler
Here are things I didn’t like:
- Water my hit things or people that you don’t mean to hit like the mail man, UPS or Fed Ex man!!
- People that come over to visit may not know you have this!!
Here is a great video by Orbit showing the features and a demo of the Yard Enforcer!!!
So, if you are looking for the best dog repellent for yards or how to keep a dog from pooping in your yard, check out the Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler!! It is the best dog repellent on the market today!!!Click Here To View the Orbit Yard Enforcer on Amazon
Best Dog Repellent for Lawns-Other Options
If you are not interested in the Orbit Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler as a dog or other animal repellent, there are other, not as effective options for keeping animals out of your yard. Here are some of the other options.
Best Ultrasonic Dog Repeller
If I had to pick my second choice as the best dog repellent for lawns, it would be an ultrasonic dog repeller. You don’t need to keep reapplying after rainfall. It repels other animals. The ultrasonic repeller is a great way to keep other dogs from pooping in your yard. It is a very safe repellent as it doesn’t use any chemicals that could harm the animals or your plants/grass. It is very easy to install and it is waterproof. If you are looking for the best ultrasonic dog repeller, our top pick is the Pet Caree Ultrasonic Dog Repellent.
Probably the most effective way to keep unwanted animals out of your yard is to get a fence. This is the most expensive dog repellent out there. Depending on the size of your yard, you could be spending a lot of money to keep animals out of your yard. Also, fences are an eye sore. If you are proud of your beautiful lawn and want to enjoy it, the last thing you want is a fence to look at everyday. Fences don’t always keep all animals out of your yard. I have seen numerous animals climb a fence and get into yards. They also can become trapped in your yard and now you have a bigger problem!!!
Best Dog Repellent Spray
It would be great if there was a spray out there that you could just spray around your yard and be able to deter all animals!! Unfortunately, there isn’t. Sprays don’t work with all animals. While you may be able to keep some species of animals out of your yard, it will not keep other species out of your yard. Also, sprays get washed away after rain and you need to keep reapplying. Some dog repellents smell very bad. The smell is very powerful and overwhelming sometimes. Some of the sprays can be harmful to plants and grass, so make sure you do your research. If you are set on getting a dog repellent spray, here is our top pick for the best dog repellent spray–Bodhi Dog Bitter Lemon Spray
Best Dog Repellent Granules
Another dog repellent that works sometimes are dog repellent granules. You just sprinkle the granules around the outside of your yard or garden, and it is supposed to keep dogs and other animals out of that area. Like I said above, it works for some animals, but not for others. Like sprays, it will wash away after rainfall and you need to keep reapplying. If you have a bunch of days in a row that it rains, you will be reapplying a lot!! If you are set on finding the best dog repellent granules, our top pick is the Havahart Critter Ridder Granule Shaker
Homemade Dog Repellents
If you search the internet, you will find tons and tons of different homemade recipes for dog repellents. Some work, some don’t. If you want to go out and try all of the homemade dog repellents out there, be my guest. Some will hurt plants. Other ingredients will hurt your grass. Some will smell, some don’t. I have not found a good homemade dog repellent that works effectively, so I won’t give you my opinion.
Well, there you have it. I hope I have helped you in some way. Thanks for stopping by and check out my article on the best dog repellent for lawns/how to keep dogs from pooping in your yard. Please feel free to leave a comment!!