Table of Contents
Heavy snowfall is always going to be the bane of most homeowners’ lives, providing a huge challenge during winter time when it gets particularly heavy.
This is when your transport and general mobility to and from your home becomes all but impossible. Heavy snowfall can be a huge impediment when it comes to things like going to work or taking your kids to school.
However, sometimes scraping the snow from your driveway can result in very serious damage to the quality of your tarmac, leading to chips and damage due to the brittle conditions from the icy weather. The best way to clear your driveway and avoid damage is with a snow blower.
Investing in a top-of-the-range snow blower is great for shifting snow without causing harm to your driveway, meaning that you won’t have to keep spending money on shoddy rakes and snow shovels every six months.
It will also save you significant time and potential injury from hauling away tonnes of snow for many hours.
But what is a snow blower? These are attachments that you can fit on your motorized lawn mower or tractor to remove large amounts of snow without having to sacrifice a kilojoule of energy. These machines are great to use if you’re elderly or have mobility issues.
But where can you find the best tractor snowblower combinations? What features does a decent snow blower need to clear your driveway with precision and efficiency? What are the best materials for a tractor snow blower combo? How much will you have to pay for a decent snow blower combination?
Well, if you’re having trouble with snow, then we’ve got the answers for your burning questions, with our comprehensive list of the best tractor snow blower combinations currently available on the market.
We’ve also got a buyer’s guide that will help you to discern between the good snow blowers and the bad ones, as well as some frequently asked questions.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Our first snow blower is one of the most durable on the market, the attachment can shift 840 square inches of ice at any one time, with a shovel dimension somewhere between 42 inches wide and 20 inches deep and the ability to deposit snow over 30 feet away from you.
You can expect this snow blower to make very short work of your blocked driveway - introducing the Arnold MTD Genuine Parts Three-Stage Snow Thrower.
You can easily hoover up all your snow with this snow blower, depositing it 30 feet behind you with a handy chute that is remotely-controlled.
The funnel in the front also comes with skid shoes that will allow your tractor to negotiate the ice and reduce any damage that your scraper will do to your garden or backyard floor.
When it comes to hardened snow, you’ll need something with the ability to cut into the snow as well as something that can clear the excess with remarkable ease.
This product has very resilient steel blades that will enable you to slice through and deposit the snow into a neat pile away from your vehicle and the entrance to your home.
- This snow blower is very easy to install on your lawnmower, with clip-on mount that can be adapted to most styles of the tractor.
- The performance on this machine is very heavy duty, capable of shifting 840 square inches of snow in one single movement.
- This comes with a 180-degree chute that will enable you to dispatch a large amount of snow quickly and efficiently, dispersing it over a wide area, away from your entranceways and vehicle causeways.
- This comes with a third augur that can be used to accelerate the process of clearing snow and is especially useful for dislodging impacted snow, which is often extremely difficult to remove manually with a shovel or ice pick.
- This snow blower is only compatible with specific models, and the placement of it can make the refueling of specific models much more difficult.
This next snowblower is one that boasts an even greater snow-dislodging capacity than our last model, with a staggering 50-feet of snow throwing distance.
You can collect snow that is up to 18-inches deep, with plenty of additional features that will prevent your snow tractor from damaging your garden path or driveway - introducing the Husqvarna Two-Stage Lawn Tractor Mounted Snow Thrower.
This is another snowblower that comes with skid shoes and wear plates that will allow you to quickly rake through even the most uneven pile-ups.
The quality and durability of this snow blower’s shovel can cut through the most compacted snow, which will save you both time and strain on your back and arms.
You can attach and detach your snowblower easily to your tractor, and it is adaptable to a variety of different tractor brands.
This has a serrated blade on the front of the shovel which will also help with the dislodging of many types of snow, soft or compacted.
This has a solid steel composition that will be able to withstand rust and other corrosive weather elements.
- This comes with a 180-degree chute that can deposit your dislodged snow up to 50 feet away from your collection shovel.
- This is stainless steel, so it will be able to shear through even the densest snow with speed and ease, which is crucial if you need to get into work in a hurry.
- This will save you a considerable amount of physical exertion on your entire body, which will be incredibly important for senior users or people suffering from mobility issues who need to leave their house.
- This snow blower comes with wear plates that are both snow-resistant and will reduce the level of damage that you’ll be inflicting upon the concrete and gravel on the driveway.
- The height needs to be adjusted manually, which might be a hassle, especially for people who do not want to be repeatedly adjusting their shovel for uneven snow.
Our next model of snow thrower has a throwing ability of up to 50 feet, making short work of compact snow with a 12-inch auger that is serrated.
It also has a much lighter weight and a much easier installation, so you won’t have to worry about the added strain on either you or your machine over time - introducing the Husqvarna ST42E Snow Thrower.
This snow blower also comes with skid shoes that will protect both your driveway and the snow blower from repeated scratches and scuff marks, which could damage the overall functionality of your snow blowers over time.
This will also preserve the overall longevity of your snow blower, which is important for such an expensive piece of equipment.
This is very easy to hook onto your tractor, with the ability to throw the snow through the chute with more power than most other snow blowers currently on the market.
You have an electric lifter with this model, which means you can adjust the height without having to leave your tractor seat, making it ideal for tackling hard and uneven snow.
- With the number of adaptable options on this machine, you can tackle a wide range of diverse snow conditions, from a light dusting to high and compact snow.
- You can expect this product to last a lot longer than a lot of other units you can find on the market. Ideally, you’ll want something that you can use in the most extreme cold conditions over and over again.
- The electric lifter - this will save you a lot of wear and tear on your body, as well as preserving the overall lifespan of your snow blower.
- When it comes to flexibility, this model is one of the best on the market, giving you the ability to attach and detach the bucket in just a few minutes. This is great if you need to attach it in the morning to clear some snow quickly before going into work.
- The balance in the shovel itself isn’t great, so you might have to use separate weights to get it so your tractor doesn’t topple over during use.
Next, we have a powerful snow blower that will be able to clear a massive chunk of hardened snow within a few minutes.
It has an intake capacity of 50 x 20-inches, which is almost double that of a lot of standard models currently on the market, along with skid shoes and wear plates that will increase the lifespan of your overall unit - introducing the Husqvarna Tractor Mount Two-Stage Snow Blower.
One of the major USPs of this snow blower is the electronic lift, which will allow you to control your tractor with greater efficiency, depositing your snow in the portion of the backyard of your choosing.
Having this dexterity will save you time and energy, especially useful if you’re trying to corral the kids into the car for school.
- The level of control over the shovel of your snow blower is probably the best on this list - it has a remote-controlled hydro-gear box that you can use to lift tons of snow from your driveway in half the time it would take to use a shovel.
- This is a great snow blower for senior users who want to save wear and tear on their bodies as well as their tractor.
- This has a unique 2 blade augur that will allow you to hurl the snow from the rear chute for up to 50 feet, giving you the best clearance of all the snow blowers on this list.
- The intake capacity on this snow blower is very impressive, allowing you to get rid of many tonnes of snow and debris from your driveway, with a shovel head that is easy to attach and detach.
- This is one of the heavy shovel heads on this list, which might be difficult for people who have mobility issues or might not have the inclination to do any heavy lifting before work.
Our final snow blower is something a little different, as it is one that both adults and children can use!
This is perfect if you fancy roping the kids into clearing the driveway, giving them responsibility at an early age which is also incredibly fun to engage with. Why not make shifting snow into a fun game with the Bruder Snow Blower?
This has plenty of functionality, with electronic controls that will allow you to control the height and power of your snow blower.
The driver cab is fully glazed and will protect your child from the elements, with an adjustable steel milling drum that discharges your snow evenly behind you.
This durable unit is made from solid steel that will prevent it from succumbing to corrosion such as rust or scuffs and scratches.
The electronic height adjustability will mean that your child can stay nice and warm in the truck’s cab, allowing you to supervise their clearance without having to interfere with play.
- This is ideal for children who want to engage in the adult tasks of clearing snow from the driveway. It is a fun way of giving a child responsibility, as well as saving you precious energy from having to clear the driveway yourself!
- The cab is fully glazed and will protect whoever is driving from the harshness of the cold, allowing your child to concentrate on clearing the snow and having as much fun as possible.
- Despite being aimed at children, this model has all the features you might find in an adult model of tractor, with a milling drum that you can use to filter out all the unwanted snow, depositing it a few feet behind you.
- This has an outside steering wheel that will allow parents to assume control in case the child inside starts to veer off the desired path.
- Being for children, this obviously isn’t a great choice for adults to use. Also, this model doesn’t have the high durability and rust resistance of stainless steel, so you might have to make sure that it is stored in a warm and dry basement.
Best Tractor Snow Blower Combination Buying Guide
Buying your first snow blower, you’ll need to know the frequency of the snow that you’ll be clearing.
Someone who experiences frequent snowfall in their driveway will want a model a lot more durable than someone who might only have snowfall once or twice a year.
You’ll also have to consider spacing factors, as well as how much money you’ll be willing to spend on a decent unit.
How Long Is The Winter?
Knowing the weather fluctuations in your region will be very important when it comes to deciding what the best snow blower will be for you. If you have snow in large amounts that gets compacted, then you’ll need a shovel with a larger intake capacity.
If you have heavy snowfall for a longer period, you’ll want a snow blower with a decent amount of power that can discharge excess flakes evenly in a direction that you can control.
How Long Is Your Driveway?
Having a longer driveway will mean that you will be able to maneuver a larger snow blower a lot easier.
If you don’t have a large driveway or a garage or basement for storage, then you’ll probably have to buy a much shorter unit, although this will be a bonus as it will be cheaper.
If your driveway is extremely small, then you might not want to buy a snow blower at all, as even the smallest units take up a significant amount of room in your garden area.
Do You Have A Tractor Or Lawnmower?
Knowing the specs of your lawnmower or tractor will also be crucial, as some snow blowers will only attach to certain models of tractor. You won’t want to spend too much time and money on a snow blower that is not compatible with your motorized unit.
You might want to think about when your snow blower is not in use as well as when it is in use. If you won’t be using it during those summer months, then you’ll need somewhere adequate that you can store it, most likely somewhere dry where moisture and damp won’t corrode your snow blower's metal elements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does A Snow Blower Work?
The mechanism for a snow blower is very simple, the collecting bin in the front gathers the snow as you plow through it. This snow is then compacted into a funnel that is ejected out of a chute from the back of your tractor using its motor.
You can usually orient this chute in whatever direction you like, ideally as far as possible to avoid the snow blocking you and your tractor in from both sides.