This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Sitting on your patio or deck is one of the most relaxing things to do. After a hard day at work or in the yard, a person can sit in their favorite outdoor chair and just take in the sights and sounds of your deck, patio or yard. I know many people that have that as their nightly routine!! One thing that can ruin a nice, relaxing evening are bugs. Mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other insects can bother you so much, that it takes you out of your relaxing state and back into the house. Well, today, we are going to try and help you with this problem. We are going to go over the top 3 best outdoor bug zappers for your patio or deck. Hopefully, this will help you stay out on your patio or deck longer and enjoy your evening without the threat of flying pests.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Outdoor Bug Zappers for Your Patio or Deck
If you are looking to purchase an outdoor bug zapper for your patio or deck, check out our top 3 below. We will make sure to only include the top rated bug zappers on the market today. You can rest assure that we will not steer you toward a bug zapper that is not rated very high. So, onto the top 3 best outdoor bug zappers for your patio or deck:
The Flowtron 80 Watt Electronic Insect Killer is our top pick for the best outdoor bug zapper for your patio or deck. It is not only our top pick, it is the best selling bug zapper on Amazon. Since 1974, Flowtron has been making great products for your outdoor life. With all of its products manufactured in the USA, you can rest assure that they are made with pride. Here are some of the great features that we absolutely love about the Flowtron 80 Watt Electronic Insect Killer:
- Made in the USA!
- 1 and a half acre coverage!!!
- Easy to replace the bulbs
- Will not rust or fade.
- Made to withstand all types of weather
- Works great on all bugs!
- Kills thousands and thousands of mosquitoes
- Easy to use right out of the box
- Well made
- Mosquito repellent that it comes with lasts 20 days
- Dead bugs stay in the zapper
- Easy to clean
- Zapper is quiet until bug is zapped
Things we didn’t like:
- Replacement bulbs are a bit pricey
The Livin’ Well Bug Zapper comes in next on our list of the best outdoor bug zappers for your patio or deck. Since 2012, Livin’ Well has been making pest control products made to help you be pest free. Here are some of the great features that we love about the Livin’ Well Bug Zapper:
- Outdoor or indoor
- Works great on mosquitoes
- Has 1500 square foot coverage
- Works in all weather
- Lasts up to 8000 hours
- Easy clean up
Things we didn’t like:
- a little flimsy
DOUHE UV Light Electronic Bug Zapper
Douhe comes in next on our list with the Douhe UV Light Electronic Bug Zapper. Some of the great features that we really love about the Douhe UV Light Electronic Bug Zapper are:
- Indoor and Outdoor use
- Works on different types of bugs
- 800 square feet of coverage
- UV lights that last a really long time
- Mesh grid protects touching
- Very quiet
- Easy to clean
- Can hang wherever you want
- Easy to move
Things we didn’t like
- Cord is a little short
Best Outdoor Bug Zapper for Your Patio or Deck-What To Look For
So, if you are looking to purchase an outdoor bug zapper, there are some features to look for so you are getting the best bug zapper for your money. Some of the bug zappers have different features that may or may not fit your lifestyle. So here are some important features to look for when you are looking to purchase the best outdoor bug zapper for your patio or deck:
- Price-obviously, this is a very important feature. You don’t need to break the bank to get a good, quality bug zapper. If you are spending over $200 for a bug zapper, you may want to start your research over. None of the bug zappers in this article are over $200, but are still great, quality bug zappers!!
- Does it work-along with price, making sure that the bug zapper will work for you is the most important feature to look at. Make sure that you do your own research and check out other reviews to see what others say. We can give you our opinion, but please do your own research!!
- Size-bug zappers come in different sizes. Check out the size of each bug zapper to make sure that it is big enough for your patio or deck area. Also, if you have a small deck or patio, you probably don’t want to have a big bug zapper as part of your decor.
- Coverage-check out each bug zapper that you are interested in to make sure that it has the coverage that you are looking for. If you have a big patio, deck or yard, you want to make sure that you get a bug zapper that will work for your coverage. I have see bug zappers that have over an acre coverage!!!
- Hanging or not hanging-some of the bug zappers are meant to be hung on a hook. Check and make sure that you have a place to hang the bug zapper or purchase a pole to hang the bug zapper on.
- Electric or Cordless-this is another very important feature to look at before you purchase your outdoor bug zapper. If your patio or deck doesn’t have access to an electric outlet, you will have to either get a long, extension cord to use or get a cordless bug zapper.
- Weatherproof or not-some of the more expensive bug zappers can stay outside 365 days a year. It is made to withstand any of the weather elements. On the other hand, some of the other bug zappers are not able to withstand the weather will need to be brought in during those times.
Well, there you have it. We hope that we have helped you with your decision. Thanks for checking out our article on the top 3 best outdoor bug zapper for your patio or deck. Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks again!!